myrp

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
myrp

Your RP is here.

+2
Claire
Navoric
6 posters

Do you feel the Dungeon was rushed?

Poll

Do you feel like the Dungeon was rushed?

[ 2 ]
    Do you feel the Dungeon was rushed? Bar_left40%Do you feel the Dungeon was rushed? Bar_right [40%] 
    [ 3 ]
    Do you feel the Dungeon was rushed? Bar_left60%Do you feel the Dungeon was rushed? Bar_right [60%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Do you feel the Dungeon was rushed? Bar_left0%Do you feel the Dungeon was rushed? Bar_right [0%] 

Total Votes: 5
    Navoric
    Navoric

Do you feel the Dungeon was rushed? Empty Do you feel the Dungeon was rushed?

Post by Navoric Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:36 pm

Okay, sort of seems like to me that entering the dungeon was rushed. Did anyone discuss it before we went through with it? And some basic information on how to take our turns would of been nice.

How about a thread on how this D&D thing is gunna work? Like what if I want to use and encouter power or any powers for that matter. Like something about movement and combat and stuff. Like all the basic info we need to actually take our turn cause apparently it's my turn (don't remember rolling a dice or anything but okay) and I haven't been told a single thing about how this works.
    Claire
    Claire
    Captain

Do you feel the Dungeon was rushed? Empty Re: Do you feel the Dungeon was rushed?

Post by Claire Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:50 pm

I also think it was rushed the intro was supposed to form our characters more but now no ones going to bother. And I thought I had specified the only way I would play is if it was part rp too but to just put us in a dungeon like that destroyed the rp aspect. And I don't know how to move or what any of the (f2>h7) or w/e even means. I really wish it would've been talked over. And if it was discussed in skype why didn't I receive an email or something?
    MalaraLValm
    MalaraLValm

Do you feel the Dungeon was rushed? Empty Re: Do you feel the Dungeon was rushed?

Post by MalaraLValm Sun Oct 03, 2010 2:37 pm

Um, yeah, actually we DID discuss it. But you guys don't wanna actually talk to us about stuff like this when we're trying to make decisions. So, umm, yeah it's kind of your fault if you don't want to participate in the decision-making process. The rest of us were all fine with us going to battle and then stopping to make introductions afterwards. And we tried, Cali, to tell you that we were discussing it in Skype. A LOT of times. But you wanted to play WoW/LoL/whatever and not talk to us. Also, Joe explained movement to us in the conversation on Skype, so if you HAD been there, you wouldn't need to be asking about this.

If I said anything wrong or out of turn, Joe, then please, feel free to correct me.
    Navoric
    Navoric

Post by Navoric Sun Oct 03, 2010 2:42 pm

Honestly I haven't been informed about anything since this began, I didn't even know anyone was talking about it. I'm been left in the dark the whole time. I haven't been aware that there has been any sort of decision making process going on.

Still would be nice if a thread would be made with some basic info about how this whole thing works.
    Claire
    Claire
    Captain

Post by Claire Sun Oct 03, 2010 2:50 pm

Amber I don't have time for group conversations w/e anyone has said I'm not always on games. Group conversations take up time that I don't have. There could have been a forum for it or emails sent. Either way just bc some of us can't join a group conversation doesn't give Joe the right to completely eliminate us from the discussion. I'm really ticked about this.
    DoWhileGeek
    DoWhileGeek
    General

Post by DoWhileGeek Sun Oct 03, 2010 4:23 pm

I will answer your qualms sequentially as they are numerous. As for the feeling of being rushed thats only you two (I assume bc you are either new to dnd or you arnt used to a more gameplay focused campaign). The style of dm'ing I am using is the kind Senior Rodrigo from Critical Hit podcast uses. I have suggested this podcast multiple times to you Jojo, as it is the method I would be using.

As for what to do during the aforementioned encounter I would like to direct your attention to phb pages: 267-269. These pages describe action types and what to do during a turn.
    Claire
    Claire
    Captain

Post by Claire Sun Oct 03, 2010 4:40 pm

First off aaron doesn't have the phb second off never once did u tell me to listen to that and wtf is a podcast and thirdly i thought I mentioned that if this was how the rp would be I wouldn't join? I want to rp too and u cutting it in half wasnt very nice but I can't speak for aaron.
    DoWhileGeek
    DoWhileGeek
    General

Post by DoWhileGeek Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:31 pm

First off, dont be stingy, you have the books, share with him(seeing as you talk to him the most). Secondly I mentioned this podcast idk...more than 4 times. Thirdly, I said it would be dnd, if you can't handle the dragon breath, get out.
    Navoric
    Navoric

Post by Navoric Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:19 am

I've noticed you haven't mentioned the bit about not contacting me about anything. It would of been nice to know that we were planning on starting the dungeon and that you decided to roll for me when everyone else got to roll for themselves. Otherwise this whole situation would of been avoided, it would of taken one simple message letting me know that everyone was deciding on starting and asking if it would be alright to roll for me so i wouldn't have to find it out when it happens to be my turn.

I mean hello I'm in this game too. Someone can let me know whats going on so I don't end up making a fool out of myself because I have no clue what's up. It would of been nice to know that there were discussions going on.

And how about a link to these books, so I can maybe figure out how to take my turn.
    Dustin Critou
    Dustin Critou

Post by Dustin Critou Mon Oct 04, 2010 3:22 pm

Actually Joe pretty much rolled for everyone... I made him accept one of my own rolls -.-
    DoWhileGeek
    DoWhileGeek
    General

Post by DoWhileGeek Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:55 pm

Everyone but Aaron rolled for themselves, liar. I took your roll twice because you forgot the first time you did.
    Navoric
    Navoric

Post by Navoric Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:54 am

Sorry I was told everyone rolled for themselves and stop beating around the bush. I wanted to know why you never contacted me about anything. Can I please have a link to the books now?
    bdunwithat

Post by bdunwithat Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:23 am

You know Navoric, he only rolled your initiative, he didnt make your char do anything that wasnt needed. We tried several times to get most everyone in the convo (we added cali several times so we could get her init roll out of the way and she left, so its not like she wasn't there). It would really be easier if we could all get in a convo and get the encounters done quickly so that we can move on.

As for a link to the books, youd have to be ok with pirating or share with someone, your choice really.

To explain movement, you list it as (starting square > ending square) and you can only move your speed per turn (unless you choose to run, which doubles max distance moved but takes away your other actions)

EDIT: hopefully reduced how much of an ass I sounded like, but no promises

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:32 am